|Open Two Seater|
|Right Hand Drive|
15 more photos below ↓
Record Creation: Entered on 25 October 2008.
Changes to the database entry on this car are below; they do not necessarily mean the car itself changed (hide this).
2013-08-01 15:23:48 | Coventry Racers writes:
The record was updated:
Photos of XKD573
Click slide for larger image. This car has 16 photos. (Dates are when image was uploaded.)
Exterior Photos (9)
Uploaded March 2020:
Uploaded August 2013:
Uploaded January 2012:
Action Photos (2)
Details Photos: Exterior (3)
Detail Photos: Interior (1)
Detail Photos: Engine (1)
We now require an email address to leave a comment. Your IP will be recorded in an effort to reduce spam. (Report problem posts here.)
2009-04-14 18:42:16 | pauls writes:
According to "Jaguar D Type & XKSS" by Graham Robson car was dispatched Jul. 20, 1956. Exported to Belgium.
2013-08-01 09:26:16 | pauls writes:
Car is at the The Franschhoek Motor Museum, Franschhoek, South Africa
The JAGUAR D-Type was one of the most charismatic and successful sports/racing cars ever made. Introduced in 1954, its aerodynamic shape included a distinctive tail fin to increase stability at high speed.
Powering this D-Type is Jaguar's legendary XK 3,4-litre in-line six-cylinder engine that developed 186 kilowatts. The car was capable of more than 270 kilometres per hour and zero to 96 kilometres per hour took 4,7 seconds.
The Belgian Ecurie Francorchamps team bought the car prior to it being works-prepared for the 1956 Le Mans 24-Hour where it finished fourth, a feat repeated in 1957. In the following years it took part in many sporting events in Europe before being shipped to Japan for the inaugural race meeting at Suzuka.
This rare short-nosed car eventually returned to Britain where for many years it was proudly displayed at Jaguar's Browns Lane factory.
2019-04-08 08:14:10 | pauls writes:
Car seen at Goodwood 4/19, unfortunately involved in an altercation, nobody hurt.
2020-02-26 13:17:26 | Anonymous writes:
The car was owned or kept at John Cooper's premises some time around the late Sixties/ early Seventies, according to a former mechanic. It (still?) had a wide angle head at that stage. At some point whilst there it was fitted with an experimental exhaust configuration, leaving the old round-port W/A short header manifolds behind. These were saved from scrap and sold years later to a friend of the mechanic who dabbled in used parts.